Packing tape Transfer Ornament







I have been wanting to make some personalized ornaments using all of our family photos. A lot of times I make something with the photos that our friends and family send in their holiday greeting cards. Here is one I made using the packing tape transfer method. This photo is actually from a commercial source, but I loved the baby and the sepia color to use on the clear glass.


Here are the things you need if you would like to try to make some of these ornaments yourself.


First make a photo copy on a toner copier and shrink it to the size you want for your ornament.

Next burnish the packing tape onto the top of your photo copy, next you just brush on some water to start to break down the paper on back of the copy. Gently rub your finger on the paper until it is all rubbed off. You may need to reapply the water to get all of the paper off. Next I layered my transfer onto a script background paper, then I applied it to my ornament using gel medium. I did have to make some small cuts along the edge of the transfer to help make it lie flat onto the glass. Allow to dry and there you have an instant heirloom.



Comments

Popular Posts