Distressing with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint

I just finished this little two drawer chest for my booth. I think it turned out really cute with just the right amount of distress to add some instant age and interest. When I distress something I painted with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint I usually dont get out the sander. I don't like the mess and it can be too severe looking for my taste. I get out a bucket of water and a rag. I soak the rag, wring it out and start rubbing it along the edges and anywhere I want the wood to peek through the paint. I also don't have to worry about the finish of the original wood getting marred this way either. The final step I take after I coat the piece with clear wax is to take the buffer to it. I originally gave this buffer to my husband for the cars. He never used it once. I thought it would sure give my furniture a nice mellow glow and it does. I How do you distress your furniture pieces? I would love to know.

Comments

Popular Posts