Sunday, April 19, 2009
Working around the house
We have been putting off a lot of the projects around the house. They had a great sale at our local lighting store so we decided we wanted to change out the foyer light. The new light looks light wrought iron with antique copper highlights. We decided to add a medallion to the ceiling as well. I had to paint it to match (somewhat) with the chandelier. Here was the process. It had to be primed, then I painted it black, then added the copper to the areas I wanted, then glazed the whole thing with brown glaze. Here are the pictures of my progress then finally hanging w/ the new light. I was really not happy with it at first b/c I didn't think it matched well enough. Now, I am pretty happy with it. Either way it's staying.