Wicked Weekend

I just got home last night from a wonderful weekend in New York City. Wow what a city! I love going there and experiencing all it has to offer. My wonderful sisters-in law plan this trip every year. We got to see "Wicked" and it was an awesome show. Yes, they even have the flying monkeys. We also got to see "Young Frankenstein" by Mel Brooks. We were in about the eigth row and it too was awesome. I am a big Mel Brooks fan and Megan Muhlally (sp?) fan. The show was hilarious and fast paced, we really enjoyed it.
I also got to go to Tinsel Trading Co. http://tinseltrading.com/index.php ,which I heard about from other blogs and Martha Stewart. This is a great store with lots of treasures just waiting to be discovered. I bought some spools of ribbon, German Dresden, and some mini flowers. This area has several trim and bead stores so I was in heaven.
It was an exhausting four days and I was glad to be coming home to a more relaxing environment. I boarded my plane for Atlanta at 1pm and got off of the plane at 9:30pm we were on the plane for almost eight and a half hours. I have heard about those situations on the news and have thought I would freak out if that ever happened to me. There were bad storms in Atlanta and it messed up hundreds of flights. The Delta crew was wonderful handing out drinks and snacks, but after a couple hours those snacks just don't cut it. Everyone remained calm and cool and I didn't freak out after all. They keep telling you we will know something in an hour etc. if they told you up front your going to sit on the plane for 5 hours on the runway, that would probably make everyone flip out. I am not going anywhere for a very long time!

Comments

Popular Posts