Beautiful Tullulah Gorge, Ga



In the northeast corner of Georgia is a beautiful state park called Tullulah Gorge. It was used in the 1996 Olympics for white water rafting events. Also the movie Deliverance was filmed in the gorge as well. It is really a beautiful place to hike if you are ever in the area. We decided we would go early and try to get a couple passes to climb to the bottom of the gorge. We were five minutes late and missed the last of the 100 hundred passes that are given out daily. Everyone was so disappointed but we found later that it was really a very good thing for us. The sign at the top of the trail should have made us realize what we were in for, but we thought that was for other people. We climbed down and then back up over 1,000 stairs. Well I am not in as good of shape as I thought I was. I thought my thighs were going to seize up and revolt to not go another step. Well we all made it and it was a good wake up call to get back to my exercise program.

Comments

Popular Posts