Flea Market Time

I got to go to the Lakewood flea market on Friday. My first stop is always Grosgrain Annies. The shop is just adorable. She has great antique pieces she displays her ribbons on and old dresses and hats as well. Kinda like going to the material store with your mom when you were a kid. She has every color of ribbon under the sun. I always buy a batch, then come back for a second bunch. This was very good for me to only buy 3 items. The aqua colored ribbon is hand dyed vintage silk. All of her colors are simply delicioius. Next time I go I will definetly bring my camera to take some photos of her great little store.
There are other great vendors there too. Patricia DiBona has a permanent space there as well. She is a very talented mixed media artist that teaches classes all over the country. She sells great collage sheets, ephemera and stamps. She has a website too that you should check out for some really unique items. I ran out of time before I got to the motherlode of vintage paper goods. I had no idea this man was set up in the farthest corner of the building and had the most wonderful old catelogs, magazines, letters,sheet music, vintage valentines..... I had to leave before I could get a good look at his stuff. Well next month I will be visiting him... second, after Grosgrain Annies of course.

Comments

pinkroses said…
Love the ribbons...I wanted every color of the skinny velvet, but only ended up buying some robins egg blue cheesecloth and some bakers twine...oh, and a blue velvet hat! suzanne duda

Popular Posts