French Country Lamp Transformation



I found this pair of lamps in my local thrift store. I loved the detail they had but not the finish.  No problem.  I love to paint my thrift finds.  For this project I used Dixie Belle Chalk Mineral Paint in Fluff and I added texture to it with Sea Spray. 
 I pounced this combo all over the lamp.  I LOVED it!  It needed just a little something, something more to finish it off.  I used VooDoo Gel stain in Up in Smoke (Gray) color.  I watered it down a bit and did small sections at a time.  I then pounced off and wiped back the excess to expose the original Fluff color.  It gave the lamp the perfect vintage aged look.  I found the shades at HomeGoods 2 for $24.99.  That was the hardest part of the project.  Lamp shades can be crazy expensive.  I now have these beauties displayed in my booth for sale, my fingers are crossed a customer will find them as beautiful as I do.  So let me know your thoughts in the comments.  Was this a good upcycle?  What would you have done!



 

Comments

Popular Posts