Create Your Own Snow Scene Jars

I love creating these snow scene jars. I have been creating them over the last couple of years with these great jars I find in the thrift stores. Here is how I found this one, complete with fake bread loaves.
I cleaned well with Windex first, then started to play with the items I had on hand to put inside the jar.
I found all of these great trees, snow man, and banner supplies at Micheal's Arts and Crafts. I decided I had to have a little banner hanging between these "poles" over the snowman's head.
I made the "poles" out of kabob skewers and then sunk them into some found styrofoam that I hot glued to the bottom of the jar.
I hot glued down each of the individual trees, snowman, and foam for the banner. Now that everything is secure I carefully added my faux snow, that I also found at Micheal's A & C.
For the final touch I added a small metal fence around the front of the jar. I know not everything in the jar is the correct scale, but still fun for little ones to put together and dream of a snow day. What do you think? I would love to hear your comments!

Comments

peggy gatto said…
A delight!!! I want to try 1, thanks for the info!!

Popular Posts