How I made my new booth sign

My great partner Mary and I moved into one shared booth this month. We have combined our Sassy & Stash into one which makes life a whole lot easier than trying to maintain two booths. I made a new sign for our combined booth and thought I would share the process with you. It's not difficult at all if you have a silhouette vinyl cutter. Here it is hung up in the booth. I used an 8ft pine board that is 12 inches wide. I was trying to mimic a chalkboard style sign.
Here is how I did it. First I painted the whole front of the board with Plaid brand chalk paint in a creamy white color called Sheepskin. I then cut out and centered my words onto the board (green vinyl).
I then painted the whole sign with Plaid brand Chalk paint in Licorice. It's a great true black color. After I was happy with the coverage I rubbed the whole sign with chalk. I took a paper towel and rubbed it removing just the right amount of chalk.
Finally I plucked off the vinyl to reveal the creamy white paint underneath. I am pretty happy with the results and I am loving this new Plaid Home Decor Chalk paint since I have a JoAnnes about 2 miles from my house. I hope they come out with a lot more colors! What do you think of the sign? I'd love to hear your feedback.

Comments

Popular Posts