Shabby Cubby Shelf

I got this cute little gray cubby shelf at my local antique mall. I have a bit of an obsession with cubby shelves, not really sure why. I guess I love the idea of visual storage. I thought it was cute but could use a little tweaking. First I took my Mouse electric sander to it to distress it. The black paint underneath started to peek through and I was thrilled. Next I took an vintage style map of Italy and cut it to the exact size of each cubby hole. I then brushed Gel Gloss Medium on the back of each piece of the map and carefully placed on the back of each opening. Using Gel Gloss medium instead of Mod Podge is important because it is a much more thick rather than wet glue. It will not get the paper overly wet and make it wrinkle. This is how it turned out. I love it! I think I may use it as a jewelry display in my booth, the cuffs look right at home there!

Comments

Popular Posts