Shrinky Dink Bracelet



Here are some of the charms I made for my French themed bracelet. I stamped each image on shrink plastic that was already rough on one side. This helps the ink stick to the plastic. I used regular dye ink for this. Next I took out several different shaped punches and got all of the designs punched. I then took my Cropidile and punched a hole for the charm to attach to the bracelet. I then lightly brushed each charm w/ corn starch, so they won't stick to themselves during the shrinking process. I then took each charm and one by one shrunk them down using my heat gun. The big trick here is to keep the charm from blowing away. I usually make a little area w/ books to corral them in. I also keep a long bamboo skewer in hand to help hold it in place. When the piece is totally shrunk down I quickly smash it flat w/ a wood block to make sure it is totally flat. Viola! you have a cute little charm ready to be attached to your bracelet. I did not color these as I was going for a black & white theme, but you can use all kinds of media to add color.

Comments

mary schweitzer said…
Very cute! I haven't tried shrinky yet. I have some but I can't decide what to make.
Mary
Anonymous said…
D - I love it! Black and white will forever be one of my favorite combos - and you made it even better! Thanks for sharing your art...
Denice
Moonwillow said…
Oh what a cute bracelet! You did a great job on "Paris" Ilike that you chose the black and white for some reason it just makes it sort of vintage looking.

Popular Posts